Arty's Principles & Questions
FLY WITH PEOPLE WHO STRETCH YOUR WINGS.
Look for people who:
- Purposefully challenge you.
- Share their thinking.
- Test your limits.
- Encourage and support you.
- Who do you fly with?
- Who challenges, encourages, and supports you?
- Who do you have in your life to stretch your wings?
YOU ARE PILOT IN COMMAND.
Listen to the experts, but set your own limits.
Do your homework...then trust your gut.
Improve your situational awareness.
Push your limits...incrementally.
Give yourself a pep talk.
- Who is setting your limits?
- Where should you be heeding others' advice?
- Where should you step up and become P-I-C??
CREATE BIG, HAIRY, BODACIOUS GOALS.
Prepare relentlessly. Focus on what you want. Make your goals public.
- What dreams have you put on hold?
- What fears are keeping you back?
- How can you make the risks acceptable?
BE READY TO CHANGE YOUR FLIGHT PLAN.
Fly where the bad weather isn't.
Land and wait it out.
Stop—and try again later.
- What plans drive you though they bring you no joy?
- What weather delays are you experiencing?
- Is it time to change to a different compass heading?
ABOVE ALL - ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT.
Each of us can choose to:
- Face down our fears.
- Commit to a compelling unknown.
- Create irrational positive expectations.
Download a printable copy of this document here
- Are you enjoying your flight?
- Are you throwing enough paint on your life's canvas?
- Are you living out loud?
(PDF - Adobe Reader required to view)